Breathe Well: Air Quality Assessment
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1: Why should I get an air quality assessment?
– Indoor air quality has been proven to be strongly associated with our physical and mental health and wellbeing, cognitive function, and even brain development in newborns and children. An air quality assessment helps identify these pollutants, allowing you to take corrective actions to improve your indoor environment and overall health, improve your comfort, and reduce energy costs and unnecessary spending on needless products and services.
2: Can’t I just crack a window instead?
– Unfortunately, nowadays outdoor air is no longer necessarily fresh or clean. Cracking a window as the primary method of introducing fresh air means that you have no control over what you’re breathing from dust, allergens, chemicals, and other contaminants.
3: I already have an air purifier; do I still need an air quality assessment?
– Air purifiers might help improve your air quality but can be very limited in their efficiency. Models and brands differ greatly in the volume of clean air they generate, their sensors’ accuracy, and more importantly, they cannot identify underlying causes of poor air quality, and hence might only function as a temporary quick fix.
4: What does the assessment include?
– Our assessment starts with a visual inspection of potential sources of poor air quality and is followed by a quantitative analysis of the particulate matter, volatile organic compounds, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, airflow, and humidity analysis. The assessment results help us provide you with customized solutions to be in control of your air quality. As an add-on, we’ll also provide you with a complimentary filter clean.
5: How long does the assessment take?
– The assessment takes 60 minutes for 1-bedroom apartments, 90 minutes for 2-bedroom apartments, and 2 hours for villas and townhouses with 4 rooms and above.
6: Do I have to pay upfront?
– You are welcome to pay upfront through a payment upon booking, or cash on delivery of the service. Please note that if you choose cash on delivery, we won’t be able to accommodate you with a card reader.
7: What happens if I cancel?
– We understand sudden changes in time availability, so you may cancel anytime without further charges (we’ll refund you within 24 hours if you pay upfront and it will reflect in your account in 5-7 working days). You are welcome to reschedule at any other time.
8- Do we need to get a security permit for the day of delivery?
– If you live in an apartment, a security permit by the building management is required to conduct our assessment. If you want to avoid the hassle of arranging for a permit, you may click on “manage the security permit” for an add-on fee of 50 AED.
9: How and when will I receive the results and recommendations?
– You will receive the results and tailored recommendations within 24 hours of completing the assessment.
10: Do you offer follow-up services?
– The assessment includes a free follow-up within 3 months of the primary assessment. We will contact you to book your free follow-up and provide you with a custom link to schedule it at a time of your convenience.
11: How is my data handled during the assessment process?
– Your data is handled with the utmost confidentiality. It is exclusively used for the assessment, ensuring your privacy. We employ robust security measures to safeguard your information and prevent unauthorized access or misuse. Your trust and data security are our top priorities.